From: Teresa (no email)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2008 - 04:50:24 EST
since yesterday i have strange behavier of my productive mail server, and i
cannt find the reason for 2 days allready.
I didnt changed anything lately, but yesterday my cyrus starts rise cpu
load up to 100% and after some time it stop responding. Mostly its a lmtp
process, but it happends to pop3 also, or to imapd process self.
What helps - restart. There is nothing in the log what would show the
All sendmail processes, as they use smmapd for local delivery are blocked
Ca. 2 weeks ago i updated glibc to 2.9 version. But it worked this two
weeks fine. I am on gentoo box.
[ebuild R ] sys-libs/db-4.6.21_p3-r1 USE="-bootstrap -doc -java -nocxx
-tcl -test" 0 kB
[ebuild R ] sys-libs/glibc-2.9_p20081201 USE="gd (multilib) nls -debug
-glibc-compat20 -glibc-omitfp (-hardened) -profile (-selinux) -vanilla" 0
[ebuild R ] net-mail/cyrus-imapd-2.3.13 USE="idled pam ssl tcpd
(-drac) -kerberos -kolab -nntp -replication -snmp" 0 kB
I use squater, sieve, imap and pop3. Ipurge starts from cron time to time.
If cyrus goes in to the blocking state, and i manualy start ipurge i get
message about how much messages will be deleted, how much scanned and etc.
but process self never get to promt back.
I understand that this description doesnt provide any usefull information,
that will help identify problem. If i could identify it, i would already
fix it probably. But its my last hope, maybe someone can point me whats
-- Teresa ---- Cyrus Home Page: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/ Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki List Archives/Info: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/mailing-list.html